What You Can Do: Volunteer Opportunities
You can serve the Lord as a volunteer in your area by becoming a Volunteer Representative. By representing the ministry in this way, you can live out your calling to see lives transformed.
Volunteer Representatives actively seek out opportunities to share about the Lord's work in Asia. Examples of opportunities are:
- One-on-one sharing
- Presenting to small groups or church fellowships
- Organizing a booth at a local Christian event (i.e. concert, retreat, conference)
- Participating in special campaigns for GFA
Volunteer Representatives help share about the Lords' work in Asia at events in their area. Most communities organize music festivals, missions conferences, homeschool conventions and other similar events. These are great opportunities to set up a GFA booth and tell people how to help reach the lost!
Volunteer Representatives are encouraged to serve at as many events as possible each year as well as participating in GFA's special campaigns, such as the Christmas Gift Catalog. GFA contacts volunteers to let them know about larger events, but Volunteer Representatives will also find opportunities to set up GFA booths at smaller events.
Your Volunteer Coordinator will provide support and encouragement to help you find sharing opportunities, and you should be in contact at least once a month. You will also receive free support and training materials to help you share effectively about GFA.
As well, your volunteer coordinator will be in contact with you to let you know about upcoming events in your area and help you find more chances to share.
- Before beginning the application process, it is best if you have already:
- Read Revolution in World Missions (order a free copy here)
- Personally supported the ministry of GFA World (Formerly: Gospel for Asia)
- Become actively involved in the local body of Christ
- Complete the electronic application.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss your interests and availability, etc. If you both decide that you will go ahead with the application process, you will be asked to fill out the full Volunteer Application form. Once this is received by the Volunteer Coordinator and it is processed successfully, you will be sent Training materials to help you get started. From then on, you will be in monthly contact with the Volunteer Coordinator, who will assist you as you seek personal opportunities to share.
To stand in the gap for the unreached with our brothers and sisters in Asia is such a privilege! By sharing with your community about how the Lord is moving, you will impact lives and raise support for the Lord's work in Asia.
As a GFA Volunteer Rep, you will be giving out copies of K.P. Yohannan's book Revolution in World Missions, No Longer a Slumdog or the Veil of Tears Movie Kit. Here are just some of the things people have said after receiving these materials from volunteers.
We were reminded of our duty towards the poor after reading 'No Longer a Slumdog' and 'Revolution in Word Missions.' We were challenged to think beyond ourselves and give someone in need a chance for a real future and hope, and possibly, someday eternal life through Jesus Christ. Thank you for enabling and prodding us.
—Jonathan and Cynthia
"We received a [GFA World] book "Revolution in World Missions" From the World Leadership Summit in Ottawa, ON, Canada. After reading the book we realized it was less about helping and more about helping people know Jesus loves them! We have started to give to GFA for this reason and will continue to support you, our brothers and sisters in Christ! Fulfilling the great commission.
I read Revolution in World Missions and I could feel the Lord working in me with every page I read. I felt my heart open to the Lord in a new way and his desires being planted in me. It is His desire to see all his children give, this is the way He has blessed me.
"What a privilege, to be a part of what our Lord is doing in Asia. GFA has become so much part of my life that I love to share with everyone I meet. Even prayer has become so much more part of my life, because I know, I can do nothing without my God."